Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:52 am
    ----

Leopard 2A6 of A-coy, 11 Tkbat

Loading MZ-ub rounds

Leopard 2A6

YPR-765PRBDR, the vehicle of the technical sgt-maj.

YPR-765PRGWT, the vehicle of the medical sgt

YA-4442 truck with cabin for the videosystem to monitor the gunners.

#2: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 am
    ----
On the YPR-765PRBDR is that a missile launcher on top?

#3: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:46 am
    ----
Hiya Lesley - sorry I've not been in touch for a while, I dropped off the radar there for a while (largely due to the arrival of children) but I'm back now and I'll be in touch formally soon to let you know my plans for the new Armour Archive.

Meanwhile, back on-topic - nice pictures! They certainly bring back memories of my times at Hohne - there's nothing quite as much fun as commanding a troop of Challengers live firing while driving at speed down the range! I had some notable incidents there, but I'd better not give details at the risk of embarrassing myself.

#4: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:44 am
    ----
Hello Mark,

Here is a picture of the same vehicle at the ''waiting area of range 6. It are all field modifications. On top is an old transportbox of car batteries.

At the front is a rack for chairs of which one is modified with a toilet seat.

On the right side of the box is a carrying case of AT-4 missiles, but they put some PVC pipes which you also use for plumbing in a house/building. It is used to store spare antennas for the vehicles in the company. So it is not a missile system. The only armament is the C7 rifles (3) a MAG and a flare pistol

On the back of the box is a rack were they store a spare wheel for the MB290GD vehicles.

Inside the box they store various oiltypes, cooling liquid etc.

Hope this helps.
Regards

#5: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:51 am
    ----
Lesley,

Some things never change, The mechanics in all my units always had the Gypsy wagons with all sorts of storage modifications and creature comforts.

Like Dr. Larkum said, brings back many fond memories, hard to believe I will finally be a civilian in about 50 days. I will miss the troops and tanks, not the BS.

Joe D

#6: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:53 am
    ----
Hello Trevor,
That is indeed a very long time! I understand the ''arrival of children'' part. I have also 2 children and I'am busy all day with them playing, running around, feeding and cleaning.

I know what you mean, my tankdays are also over and I come only on the range for looking how things are going for the battalion. But when they drive along I still miss it Neutral

You still have my mailadress?

Regards,
Lesley

#7: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:36 pm
    ----
Hey all

Memories of 1988-89....

Range 6,...hmmmm Can't seem to remember if I spent time there.

I do seem to remember 7A as the Boresight/zero range, then (of course) Range 9 for competition shoot.

The Barracks at Orbke(sp?) were considered luxury since we tended to be housed in tents on most of our training visits prior to actual competition in June 89.

Thanks for the photos.
Regards
Don

#8: Re: Range 6, Bergen Germany (last week) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:59 am
    ----
Lesley,

Sorry for the delay (kid's birthday this weekend). Chances are any address I have is out of date - perhaps you could send me a private message on this forum?

-> AFV News Discussion Board