Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:58 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Ran across a supply yard with eight A3s and eight A2s.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss Author: BryanWilson PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:05 pm
    ----
OK, I'm not up on these things too much but what is the dark-colored panel near the front?

OT remark: I enjoy these photos from Ft. Bliss. Took basic training there 31 years ago this month.

#3: Re: Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:22 am
    ----
Hi Bryan! Hi Folks

- BryanWilson
OK, I'm not up on these things too much but what is the dark-colored panel near the front?

That black thing is a heavy rubber like flap that helps protect bags and other baggage that is hung on the sides of the hull.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:18 am
    ----
- BryanWilson

OT remark: I enjoy these photos from Ft. Bliss. Took basic training there 31 years ago this month.

Kinda looks like the 'heights' in the background. If I'm not mitaken, that is where Basic training was conducted.

I operated a 'roach coach' (Running Chief) truck for a couple of weeks back in 1979 or 80. Covered part of the heights, then roamed around AIT billits on main post. (Vic of the old 3rd ACR HQ area)

Don

#5: Re: Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:09 pm
    ----
Hi Don! Hi Folks!

- Dontos

Kinda looks like the 'heights' in the background. If I'm not mitaken, that is where Basic training was conducted.

I operated a 'roach coach' (Running Chief) truck for a couple of weeks back in 1979 or 80. Covered part of the heights, then roamed around AIT billits on main post. (Vic of the old 3rd ACR HQ area)

Don

Sorry Don, that just El Paso out there. The heights is off the right some. The old Basic training center is long gone along with the old National Guard AIT for M42s. There is a high school, a RV park, and a RV storage yard on the grounds where the center was. A new housing area covers about half of the upper side of the heights now.

Sport Report.

#6: Re: Bradley A3s at Ft Bliss Author: BryanWilson PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:52 am
    ----
Thanks for the info on the Bradley.

I was in ADA for a while & after a year in Korea & another year (18 months?) in Key West our unit was relocated to Ft. Bliss. Our barracks were close to the 3ACR motor pool. Not very significant but I remember they had a T-54/55 there for OPFOR training I would guess. It was a runner & I was allowed to take a peek inside. It was a while back so I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

-> AFV News Discussion Board